Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brazzaz

539 N. Dearborn
312-595-9000
www.brazzaz.com


Seeing as the last time I dined at a Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) I was in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the bar was set pretty high for my experience at Brazzaz. I admit, I feared disappointment. However, I found Brazzaz to be a worthy competitor among it's brazilian counterparts.
Unlike some of the other Churrascaria in town, Brazzaz is unique to Chicago. However, the traditions of the brazilian steakhouse remain. Each guest pays a flat fee for an upscale all-you-can-eat experience. Various slections of meat, chicken and fish are brought to the table by "gauchos" and an elaborate self-serve salad bar provides the side items. Each table still has a server for drinks and additional items.
I was somewhat disappointed by the selection and quality of the meats. I actually found the bacon wrapped chicken and pork tenderloin best of the protein passed. The salad bar had a more limited selection than I had expected, however every item was of high quality and taste. (the lasagna, of all things, was my favorite)
The service, on the other hand, was impeccable. The staff was friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Great service is part of the Churrascaria tradtion and my expectations were fulfilled.

Food: 4 - Very Good
Service: 5 - Excellent

Price: $50-$75 per person (I recommend trying lunch during the week at the reduced price of $20 per person)
Parking/Transportation: Valet is available for $12. The Redline stop is on the same block and the #36 and #22 buses also stop about a block away.

No comments: